Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I am writing this late I know. I went out to the park today to work on my poetry assignments. I did the fifteen minute writing and read some more of the book. Also, took Michael's advice, started a journal for poetry ideas. I must say I was resistant to add some events to my list. I pondered them for a while before I actually wrote them down. It seemed strange to me, almost like writing them down would make them more real or make me face the reality of the events. Even after I wrote them down, I stared at them. I have yet to write the epiphanies. I've had too many and frankly I thought if I had to face those, I might go crazy.
To Suzanne, Mark, and David-thanks for writing. Over the years, I have learned poets must stick together. Sometimes we're the only support we have. We are certainly the only ones who understand one another. :-)
A book I might recommend is 'A Writer's Paris', by Eric Maisel. It is a lovely look at the writer's life and time spent in Paris.
Well, I'm off to post at BNU my responses to the First Lesson.
Tomorrow, I am going to walk through the small town up here, write, and pretend I'm in Paris.
I'll let you know how it goes and the insights gained.
Til Tomorrow~

1 Comments:

At 2:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home