Monday, July 10, 2006

Wow! What a day! What a weekend! What a life! Many years ago, when "Jaws" first came out, one of the advertising slogans was "just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water...." That's the way I feel about my life. Just when I feel it is safe to start living my life again, something else happens and wham, I'm starting all over again. I refer to all the events that happen in dull roars and raging roars. You know the raging ones-ones where you can't hear your own thoughts because there is so much going on in your head. I'm looking forward to getting back to the dull roar. Not quite there yet, but hopefully soon.
This morning, I decided I will be returning to Oklahoma about mid-August. I always intended to go back for my daughter's graduation, but now it looks like it may be for a quasi-extended period. My life gets sooooo bizarre at times, even I don't know what to think about it. I am telling myself it's a learning experience.
I was talking to a friend earlier and gave her my itinerary. Will be here until mid-August, when I will go back to graduation. Plan to come back to Colorado for three weeks in September with said daughter and sister-in-law. Go back down to Oklahoma, help daughter move to Columbus, Kansas, where she has accepted a job. Stay with her for a month. Go back to Oklahoma, (maybe come back up here for a week in October), be in Oklahoma for Thanksgiving, come back up here for Christmas, be in Oklahoma for birth of grandbaby in February. Maybe, just maybe, things will slow down in March. (She writes optimistically.)
I've been reading Eric Maisel's book, "Writing in Paris". He talks about writing anywhere and all the time. Looks like that may be where I'm headed. I'm thinking I should use this as a writing experience. It looks like if I can write over the next six months, I will be "super writer".
I will work on that and get back to you. Quiet time would be nice, but if you can't shut up the roar in your head, you might as well write in absolute chaos. (Okay, that may not make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to me.)
Will ponder these thoughts and write more tomorrow.
Til Then~

4 Comments:

At 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah, I've wandered in via a link the BNU Poetry Course. Your resume is impressive. If I eventually can obtain a fraction of the success you have I'll be happy. See you in class.

 
At 8:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with your daughter, and husband's uncle.

 
At 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with your daughter, and husband's uncle.

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger creative1 said...

Don't think too highly of my resume. My goal is to one day be on the NYTimes Best Seller List. Then you can be impressed, not until then.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home