Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Whew! Where in the world does the time go? I have been working on the medieval and the new book today. Seems like I just sat down here and it is already passed 5. Good grief.
I walked around the lake this morning and made it in an hour and 45 minutes. Quite a record. it usual takes me 1 hour and fifty minutes, but there was a storm coming, soooo.
I continue to read DaVinci's book and am amazed at the things I already do/have done for years. I keep a journal, draw, like music, etc. Lately, I've been running across a lot of references to Hildegard of Bingen. This book mentions her as well. I first ran across her when I was researching essential oils. I started gathering her books and have been fascinated by all she did. She was such a free thinker back then. She would be considered a feminist today. Back in medieval time, I bet they didn't know what to make of her. I'm going to have my daughter bring up my books on Hildegard when she comes up in a few days.
I've also been doing some art projects and am posting on some artist trading card forums. For those of you who may not know what ATCs are, they are small works of art, traded not sold, by artists. I am fascinated by the whole process. I've made some artist cards and can't wait to trade. I'll keep you posted on how this is going.
For those of you who know me, you know I advocate getting involved in other art disciplines. ATCs are one way I do that. They are small enough to not be overwhelming, but I learn so much because of what I'm learning about oils, stamps, charcoal, watercolor, etc. Even DaVinci advocated getting involved in different arts. It's amazing.
Must run. Have had a headache for days. Will write more tomorrow.
Til Then~

1 Comments:

At 6:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Along with your ATCs, have you heard of Bead Artist Trading Cards, otherwise known as BATCies? They have to incorporate at least one bead.

Here's a page with some that people I know did last year: http://www.beadartisttradingcards.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home