Friday, July 14, 2006

Hello All!
Another day, another eight miles. Yes, that is how far I walk each day. I need to to burn calories. Ha! The other day I started off on my walk and felt like something was wrong. It was. I had forgotten my glasses. Duh! No wonder I couldn't see the dial on my iPod.
A friend anf I were talking about our lives and losing things. She told me about her latest catastrophy. She said she set about looking for her glasses because she had lost them. She said she looked everywhere and the strange thing was she knew she just had them. Forty five minutes later, after she rallied the family to help her look, her daughter pointed out she was carrying them in her hand.
I feel her pain.
Been there. How often I have been looking for my glasses when they are right on top of my head. I've gone to the store, picked up something and became so comfortable carrying it around, I get up to the checkout stand and forget I have it. I've lost keys only to find they were where I looked the first time.
Sometimes, coming up with writing ideas can be just as frustrating. Because we become so familiar or comfortable with our lives, we miss seeing the things (ideas) right in front of us.
I've argued about ideas that have popped in to my head. "Oh, that's silly." "Everybody knows that." "Who would want to read about that?" Then I kick myself when about six months later, I pick up a magazine and read an article written about the very thing I didn't think anyone would be interested in. ARGH!
It's the everyday things that interest people, so pull out a pad and pencil and get to jotting down the 'little' things that happened to you today. Tomorrow, they may be fodder for your novel.
Til Then~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home