Thursday, July 13, 2006

Another busy and very interesting day. I walked to town and spent six hours there. It was strange. I went to spend some time meandering. I found it difficult to slow down and take my time. I wanted to rush here and there.
My first stop, after I purchased a coffee, was a park bench along the river. From the corner of my eye, I saw a white and tan spotted bird dog pacing behind a fence across the way. He whined periodically and I tried to ignore him, but felt him staring at me.
An older couple passed. I watched them. They approached the fence where the dog was. The man picked up a ball and threw it over the fence. Off went the dog. After a few more throws the couple went on their way. I watched the dog and could see him watching me. I finished my coffee and ambled toward the fence.
As I approached I saw a sign. It read, "This is Joe. Please do not feed him as he has a huge bowl of water and food up against the back of the building. Different food makes him sick. You may however play ball with him. He loves to play ball."
At my feet was Joe's ball. I picked it up with two fingers and gave it a throw. Joe chased it down, grabbed it, brought it back and threw it over the fence at me.
Joe and I enjoyed each others company until he got wore out.
As he rested, I ambled on down the Riverwalk looking for something else to do.
More adventures to follow tomorrow. :-)
Til Then~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home