Tuesday, June 13, 2006

This will probably be short. I am in a very artistic mood today--i.e. depressed. There really is no rhyme or reason for it. I'm sure tomorrow I will be fine. I've often thought of Sylvia Plath, Jack London, and others on days like this. I've heard is said to be a great writer you have to 1) be insane; 2) have some far-out addiction; 3) suffer from some mental illness like depression (I guess that could fit in to the insane catgeory); or 4) be a street person. Sometimes I feel so close to two of these categories it's frightening. When I was at the OWFI Conference in May, I told one of my editors I was pushing category 1. He laughed, looked at me as if I was joking. I was serious. :-)
I figure if it will get me on the Bestseller's List, what the hey.
I've thought about the whole addiction thing. I wonder if obsessions count. However, with that said the only obsessions I have are writing, books, artist supplies. Now you may not think that's weird, however for my husband who doesn't understand anything about artistic temperments, he's just disgusted over everything. Hmmmm.
Okay, enough of this. I've got to struggle through work today. Then tonight I'm sure I'll get back to general malaise and feeling sorry for myself. If I do it right by the time I wake up in the morning, I should be good to go.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home