Friday, June 09, 2006

Didn't get to write yesterday. The Blogger system was down. I have been steadily working however. Am up to page 79 with the medieval, have the plot figured out for the new book and am working on my short story course through Barnes and Noble University.
Getting ready to run to the post office and mail my kids' manuscripts. I finally have them graded.
Finished a book last night. I'm trying to figure out how I feel about this book. Currently, I'm ambivalent. It was supposed to be about Gutenberg--at least that's what the title and blurb said it was about. I read through 292 pages and when finished I think I know about everyone in and around Mainz EXCEPT Gutenberg.
After about page 100 and the author's telling me "this is worth a side trip", I kept reading hoping he would somehow get around to G, then by page 210, felt I was close to finishing the book I might as well. Hmmmm.
All the while I kept thinking, "what was the editor of this thing thinking?" How in the world could this get published? It was without rhyme and reason and the author took sooooooo many sidetrips after a while I lost track of what he was talking about.
I guess I should be encouraged. You should be too. If your book makes even half sense you shouldn't have any trouble at all getting published. :-)
Take a look at the books on the shelf. I'm thinking over half shouldn't be there. Think about it. You'll see I'm right.
Must run.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home