Monday, June 05, 2006

Hello All!
Well, I did make some progress on the 'new' book last night. I was having trouble with my villian. Figured out he needed to be in a social class slightly above my heroine to make the whole thing work. Once I shifted that it was easier for me to think about the plot again. Did another several pages last night. Today, I'm going to be working on fine tuning the plot. Now, that may take me several days. I'm on to Chapter 3 of Evan's book and he's talking about plotting. I'm anxious to see what tips he gives there.
I Have picked up a few things in the other chapters. First chapter helped me come up with my one sentence pitch and chapter 2, gave me some good ideas for characters. He says there should be a main character (of course), a villian, confidant (something I'd not really given much thought to before), and a love interest, if appropriate. I can definitely see how these things can make the story stronger.
So, it's onward from here.
I need to go in and update my webpage. Going to try to get to it this week. It's amazing. Even though I'm here by myself, answerable only to myself, I still run out of time in the day. What in the world is up with that? I walked around the lake this morning, and then went to town. Here it already is mid-afternoon and I still have tons to do. Good grief.
A word about up here. Like I said went for a walk this morning. The elk are calving and everybody seems to be in grumpy moods. The geese too are not very pleasant. One guy was just walking on the golf course and a goose got after him. While he was running, I was trying to walk past a group that had taken up residence on the sidewalk. The elk were lying so close to the sidewalk I could have reached out and petted one. I didn't. Just kept walking because they were all staring at me as I past. Yesterday a lady said one got after her. I saw the incident. To me, he looked like he was just trying to get from one side of the sidewalk to the other. Hmmm. It all ended okay. That's all that matters. Will have to stay away from grumpy gusses for a while is all.
Must run. Going to work on medieval for a while before I get back to the new book.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home