Sunday, June 04, 2006

Hello. I missed writing yesterday. Took a class on how to make altered books. It was fun, but in the meantime, I have been trying to head off a writing crisis. I know I am not unique to this feeling, but last night I spent a lot of time contemplating if I have the emotional fortitude to write the book I'm wanting to write. I know it would be a good one, but the more I get in to the synopsis, I keep asking myself can I write it. Do I have the ability to write it? My girlfriend told me this is no doubt the book I need and should write. To which I responded,"yeah, I know."
Why do we as writers second guess ourselves? I should say why do I? I guess I'm afraid. Afraid of spending a lot of time writing this book and then it not being published. Now remember, editors have not even seen this book yet, much less know of its existence. They have not been queried about it or anything and here I am wondering if it will be worthy. I know this is all silly. Fretting over what I write is really what I do best. I'm always worried what I put down on paper is "not good enough."
Okay, time to just bite the bullet. As I told someone (can't remember who) last week, sometimes you've just got to feel the fear and do it anyway. I'll never know how this book will turn out if I don't write it. So I'll just do it. See where all this goes. I'll try not to gripe or whine too much here, but I'm sure you'll hear about my angst.
Progress? you ask. Ha! Still have the three pages of my synopsis, buuuuuuttttt as soon as I close up here I'm going right over to work on it. I promise. Tomorrow, I will HAVE something to report.
Til Then~

2 Comments:

At 9:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 
At 2:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home