Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hello!
Good grief! I just erased my entire post. I was writing about how I was reading "How-to Think Like Da Vinci". It is a very interesting book. I have sort of skipped ahead and saw a section about making mistakes. Its premise is to make mistakes and learn from them. Well, I've made mistakes, but typically I just get frustrated.
When I was growing up, my mother would say, "if you can't do it right the first time, then don't do it." That is a death knoll for any creative person. Mistakes have to be made. One has to ruin a few things to ge to the truly incredible, however when that happened when I was young, I was accused of wasting material. I know my mother lived out of the depression era and things were in such sort supply that everything was precious and one couldn't afford to make mistakes. But I think what that way of thinking did was make all of us afraid to do anything, afraid to try anything new...at least it did me.
I have sooooo many issues I am trying to work through. All I really want to do is write and do my art--mistakes and all. I hope DaVinci will help me become brave, make mistakes and press on.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home