Sunday, August 06, 2006

What do you do when you get stumped when writing your book? You plod on.
It would be wonderful if the first words we put down on paper were lined in gold and said everything we wanted them to say. It would be great if first drafts were perfect, but the truth is, they're simply not. I have a book I've rewritten five times and I'm getting ready to rewrite it again. It will be completely gutted when I get through it again, but if that's what it takes. I have rewritten articles multiple times because I didn't like the way they were the first time. That's part of writing-rewriting. Yes, there is even a word for it.
So don't despair if you have been rejected. Pull your manuscript out, get red marker and start going through it. It will take time, but if you want to get published, you'll do what it takes.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home