Sunday, July 16, 2006

Today turned out to be a good writing day...at least production wise. I went out to the park and churned out the words. It feels so good to be writing again. I wrote a couple poems. Hopefully have one or two that will work for my poetry class I'm taking. Wrote down several more poem ideas and even an idea for another book.
Now, I know. I know. Just because I churned out the words doesn't mean that anything I wrote will be worth using. I'll settle for a sentence at this point.
After I finished reading Eric's book, a few phrases he had written kept running through my mind. "Write first. After that, do anything you want. Just get the writing done first."
Truer words were never spoken. From my own experiences, I know if I don't write, am not stubborn about it, then the writing doesn't get done. I feel guilty about NOT writing and no matter what else I do, I don't feel good about myself.
But let me have written for the day, good, bad, or ugly, and I can lie on the couch and do absolutely nothing and feel wonderful about it.
He also encouraged writers to make a new commitment to their writing and themselves. I did just that.
Sure, I've always written, but I kept thinking as I was reading through the book--am I committed? Am I committed to writing bad stuff as well as good and knowing that it's okay? I am now. The bad has to come with the good, other wise there's no finding the incredible.
How committed are you?
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home