Monday, July 17, 2006

Hello All!
It is getting ready to storm here. With each rumble of thunder I wonder how much longer I can leave my 'puter on. Will make it through this post, for sure.
I just finished writing another poem for my poetry class. I am enjoying it and learning to, yes even after all these years, appreciate the writing craft more. I am mezmorized by words and how using one word over another can change the meaning of what I write. When I first started my writing journey and I would hear writers talk about how they puzzled over one word for hours, I thought, good grief, just use a word and get on with it. As time went on, there was a day when I found myself spending hours looking, searching, waiting for that "one" "right" word to make its appearance in my brain so I could put it down on the page.
Today, there are many instances I could relate that I use one word and come back and change it later. Changing words, rearranging them, making our meaning more clear is what we as writers do. I love words and am truly obsessed with them. "That's what makes you a good writer," my mentor says. I'm not sure about the 'good', but I'll take the writer. I couldn't imagine doing anything else. Can you?
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home