Thursday, February 02, 2006

Two days and counting. Opening night for the Olympics is tomorrow night. I am excited. Finally, something to look forward to...even if it's only for two weeks.
I admit it. I am not a sport's person. I can't stand to watch any college sports and pro sports makes me nauseated. All the money those pro athletes make and they still gripe and complain. Good grief, if I had even half the money most of them have....
Back to the Olympics. I like the Olympics because those athletes have goals. They want to beat their own record and their opponents. They're not in it for 5.2 million a year, although when they finish, they may be offered endorsements, at least those athletes here in the States. They're in it for the glory, to represent their country, make their fellow country men proud. Sure they're in it for the competition, but they're also in it for the pride. Oh, that the rest of us could say we do what we do for as much.
Til Tomorrow~

1 Comments:

At 7:13 AM , Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I find the Olympics disappointing since athletes have said time and time again that without performance enhancing drugs they can't compete.
And I also find that in events like gymnastics and ice skating that the judging problems ruin the event..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home