Thursday, January 26, 2006

It's a little past 4 AM. I woke up and started thinking about my writing projects. I have so many I want to do, but it seems life always gets in the way. I try to squeeze out enough time in my day. There never seems to be enough. It's at times like these that I think about the Brontes, Jane Austen, Sylvia Plath, and Jack London. If you've not read the biography written by Irving Stone about Jack London (Sailor on Horseback) you should. Sometimes it is difficult to find, but well worth the search. After reading that, look for London's "Martin Eden". Some scholars say it is his autobiography. ME is about an author and the inner struggles he faces and works through. Both books are compelling and I read both at least once every two or three years.
On the creativity front, my daughter and I have started a card project. In the issue of Sketchbook where my article appeared there is an article about creativity cards. You make one a week for a year. At the end of a year, you look back and see how your creativity has grown or changed. These cards aren't huge-3X2-just a little larger than playing cards. I am enjoying the process. I have to think about my design before I actually move to the design table. Don't have enough time to do it right. Isn't that always the way it goes?
I encourage you to think about your own creativity cards. It's a way to keep your mind toned.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home