Saturday, January 21, 2006

As usual I am behind yet again. I have been dreaming 'pie in the sky' dreams. You know what those are. When you think you may win the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, so you sit and ponder about what you're going to do with all the money. Well, I know for a fact I don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning and it makes me mad to even think I would sit and waste so much time thinking about it. Things like that don't happen to middle-class, hardworking, honest people. They just don't. People like us have to work like slaves to make a living from one paycheck to the next at the mercy of those we work for. Sure we have dreams, a nice house, nice vehicle, trips, etc., but the reality is luck doesn't smile on people like us.
I've bought tickets for drawings before, never won. Even entered and paid $100 for a house in New Mexico once. Before the contest deadline, someone bought the house, so the couple returned all the entrants money minus $20 for processing or whatever.
See, over my 45 years, if I've learned nothing else, I've learned you've got to work for what you get because that's the only way you're ever going to have anything and even then you've got to be diabolical, cheat, or ruthless and I (we/my family) don't have it in me. So back to the grindstone.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home