Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Talked to a friend a few days ago about the "James Frey Controversy". We're both pretty disgusted over the whole matter. In retrospect, he still made millions and Oprah still has her integrity. The next book he comes out with, people will buy it just to see what he says. Yes, that's the way it works. Lie, cheat, become a politician, or become embroiled in a controversy, and you will be on your way. Those of us, out here in the trenches, who are honest, hard-working, just want to share our experiences, or tell our stories, have to sweat blood to get anyone to sit up and take notice. Se-la-vi.
I'm not complaining too much. Okay, I admit I have become cynical, but when I see books published by Charles Barclay, Bill and Hillary Clinton, etc., etc., and they are making millions ONLY because of their name, I have to shake my head.
Perhaps I was raised to be too honest, too hard-working, and a perfectionist to boot. Maybe I don't have that dishonest, controversial, cut-throat, lying, cheating gene. Maybe I want too many people to like me. Maybe I feel integrity should stand for something. Maybe I define success by helping someone in sincere fashion, not expecting anything in return.
One day, my ship will come in. When it does I'll be able to hold my head high. It might not be today or tomorrow, but someday. Until then, I'll do an honest day's work. Ooooorrrrr I could look for a controversy, have an affair with a famous person, etc. Anybody know any juicy gossip?
Til Tomorrow~

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM , Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

It is annoying that fame attracts more fame.
We just need to do something outrageous and we to can reap the fame rewards..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home