Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I find I am continaully amazed at people--myself not being an exception. For years, I have harped about the papparazzi who harrass celebrities. I despise reporters who get in peoples' faces and won't leave them alone. Yet last night, I was pulled in to a disturbing incident around our dinner table.
My husband and daughter are fascinated by all the happenings of Hollywood and watch that show Entertainment Tonight. There has been quite a bit of discussion for some time about Brad Pitt and Ms. Jolie. Now personally, I think people should butt out of their business. Let them name their baby whatever they want to name it. Let them go, do, and marry when they want. Good grief. In other words, let these poor people have lives. They deserve to have some privacy-celebrity or not.
Anyway, I don't know how it got started, but somewhere between the egg drop soup and the chow mein, this young couple was brought up. Before I knew it, we were in a heated discussion about whether Ms. Jolie had three children Mr. Pitt was adopting or if it was two. Were they secretly married already or would they marry before the baby arrived?
When my daughter started saying her friend Tiffany was going to have her baby around the same time B & A's would be born, it hit me up beside the head. My family had become the thing I loathe--meddlesome people who talk about the celebs.
I was so disgusted with "us". I couldn't believe we were talking about this.
I know some of my friends would say it was no big deal, but it felt all wrong. I don't think it's proper to be discussing someone else's relationship and family and not even know them. That's just not right.
As I was tossing and turning at 2 in the morning, I decided to move on and try to do better. I for one, know I wouldn't like people across the world talking about intimate issues in my life around the dinner table. These people need space. If nothing else, as fellow human beings, we should give them that kind of respect.
Til Tomorrow~

1 Comments:

At 6:43 AM , Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I thought that they want us to talk about them. I personally find their lives boring but for actors isn't publicity what they are all about..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home