Friday, February 03, 2006

I received a contract in the mail yesterday. Am going to be working on a book for the next three months. I'm gearing up and praying my energy doesn't desert me. I have big plans for this edition. I hope I can pull it off.
Sometimes I feel like my dreams and goals are hopeless and worthless. After all, in review of my life, what have I really accomplished. Am I too impatient with myself? Now that could very well be as I want everything now. I need to get more disciplined in so many areas of my life. For so long, I've squandered time here and there thinking I needed a set amount of time to do something. My biggest problem was I'd sit down at the keyboard, lose track of time, and hours later be in trouble for it. I could never really focus because I was always worried about if I'd go over time again.
Today, I set a timer and work in one hour encrements. This allows me to fully concentrate on my projects because I know in an hour the timer will go off and I can decide whether to continue another hour or stop. There are the phone calls to contend with still and other distractions, but I hope this year will see me setting a new pace and the discipline will return. It's just got to if I want to reach any of my goals.
The timer's running.
Til Tomorrow~

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM , Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Congratulations on the contract. You will do great at it..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home