Saturday, October 22, 2005

Where does the time go?
Last night on Jay Leno, Antonio Banderas was a guest. He said he had come to America 16 years ago. I couldn't believe it had only been 16 years. He made such a big splash, it seems like he's been here much longer than that. I thought back to where and what I was doing 16 years ago. My daughter was 10 and my son was 7. Both were in school and I had only started my writing career. My grandparents were still at their home and my parents lived in Salt Lake City. There was no thought of 9/11 and the Murrah Building in downtown Oklahoma City still housed government offices.
Hearing 16 years, doesn't sound like a long time, but when you start thinking about all that has happened it seems forever ago. So much has changed. So many people have died.
I think back to five years ago and can't believe we have moved on from Y-2K. The problems we thought we would have...it seems like it was only yesterday, yet it's been years.
As I look ahead I wonder what I'll think when another five years have passed. No doubt there will be more changes ahead. Technology will no doubt be more advanced. The latest computer I bought is light years ahead of the first one I sat on my desk. That alone is enough to cause me to stop and think...for a long time. The places we have gone, the things we have done in 16 years. It's mind-blowing. Off to think about that for a while.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home