Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Gods of the Fates must be against us.
For years, I have had a Diet Coke habit. I have read articles on how horrendous aspartame is for you and friends have thrown articles at me to read from time to time. I have tried to quit. Over the summer, I had almost made it. I was down to six ounces a day, then I came back to Oklahoma. The habit kicked in to high gear. Every time there was a crisis, I'd grab a cold bottle from my frig and down it before thinking about it. My daughter even commented I looked like an alcoholic. Anywho....
This morning, I got up determined to end that habit. I was finished, through. I put bottles of water in the frig and figured if I was thirsty, water would quench my thirst. I was doing an excellent job. Typically, I am heading for 'the bottle' by 10 A.M. It was 2 P.M. and I was still DC free. Searching for a cord, I parked and ran in to Best Buy. On the way in, I saw the new Batman was on sale. As I picked it up, the security guy said, "you get two bottles of pop when you buy that movie." Really?
When I went up to pay for my movie, the girl reminded me of the pop. Actually, I was hoping to slip out without it. I couldn't say I didn't want it. Good grief, no one passes up something free these days. "Okay, give me two bottles of whatever you have," I said. I was willing to take a chance.
She brought out two ice cold Diet Cokes. Jeepers. I promptly opened one when I got in my vehicle and took a swig. Felt horrible after. Can I not even go ONE day without?
For today, I'll let you chew on that. Got a couple other topics I'll write about tomorrow--compromises we make and where the heck did today go?
Til Then~

1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM , Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

LOL..It must be fate..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home