Friday, October 07, 2005

Decisions, Decisions
I've been working for the past two days on making my kids' newsletter. They write some of the funniest stories. For those who don't know, I teach a group of homeschool kids creative writing once a month. I'm getting down now to where I have to make a decision about whether I want to continue teaching them in person or try to do it over the Internet or just do it over the Internet and move to Colorado. I can go anytime I want, but it all boils down to, do I want to and when.
I've come to love those kids and their silliness. Over the summer, while I was in Colorado, I missed them.
It's kind of humorous. I've heard people say I charge too much, but if they only knew how much time I spent working on this class, they would know I don't charge enough. I keep telling myself I should quit teaching. My word, I can sit down and write one article and make more than I do teaching the kids. Aaaaannndd writing takes me a whole lot less time. I spend at least thirty hours a week on the kids' stuff. Currently, I have 27 students. By the time I grade 5 sets of 27 students' papers, it takes a hunk out of my time.
I just like dealing with the little rug rats. Oh sure, they make me nuts sometimes, but they also challenge me. They keep me on my toes, give me ideas, and their optimistic view of everything is contagious.
One of my students has a series of stories he is writing about Duct Tape Man. He saves the world using Duck Tape. He is the funniest thig and like to bug me. I've gotten to where I pick on him right back.
Then there is one poor fellow who always tries to be perfect! And my girls, they are all so sweet. When they graduate and move on, I can handle it. I don't know if I can leave them. I have a couple months that I can ponder and then make a decision about next year. I don't want to leave the kids or their parents hanging about next year. We'll have to see.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home