Monday, October 24, 2005

Today's blog will be about two things--synchronicity and smell. How do these two things join together? Odd, but I never thought they would either until this morning. :-)
Yesterday when I left the office and headed back in to the house, I smelled something burning. At first, I thought Yolanda may have turned on her straightening iron. I tried to remember if I had left anything on. When I made it to the living room, I found that my husband had turned on the heater.
This morning when I got up and walked through the house, the smell of dust filled coils still permeated the house, but the memories I instantly thought of was winter or more clearly Christmas. Suddenly, the thought of crisp mornings and apple cider fluttered through my head. I felt the urge to put up a Christmas tree and laughed at the feelings the turning on of a heater can evoke.
When I arrived in the office and started to work, I picked up the Observation Deck. The card I pulled was 'follow the scent'. The reading was about how scent can trigger memories and how we, as writers, can use that to our advantage. Good and bad smells both can help us get in a certain mind-set.
The fact that yesterday and this morning, scent played a part in how I felt and then the OD covered that particular topic, gave me pause. I've always said 'great minds think alike'. It's true even if it's a few years apart. :-)
See what your nose finds today and think about the synchronicity of it all.
Til Tomorrow~

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM , Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Nice post..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home