Thursday, August 11, 2005

Back from my creative Artist's date. Julia would be proud! I went out to the Park and hiked, and sketched, and wrote.
I've been dealing with a lot of things lately. Discovering a lot of things about writing and myself. I once heard someone say that a writer has to write a million words before he will get anything published. I think what that writer meant was a writer has to write a million words before he finds his voice and discovers himself. Only when he discovers who he is and is willing to be vulnerable can he write with meaning. Oh, Eric would be proud too.
I think I have found myself. I've not liked what I've seen a lot of the times, but I have found I do have strengths to go along with my weaknesses.
I am currently in the process of reading a book about J.K. Rowling. Very interesting. I am seeing through her life some processes all writers must go through. One doesn't have to be poor, live on the streets, but one does have to live.
Okay, enough philosophizing. I'll catch you tomorrow.
Til Then~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home