Sunday, July 31, 2005

Hello all!
Today was another busy day. Learned about sketching map events and landscapes. I loved doing the maps. They reminded me of 'treasure maps'. I can see how they would be helpful in many applications of a field journal. I didn't quite get my landscape finished. I am excited about the things I learned though and look forward to putting them in to practical use.
A strange thing is going on up here. Two days ago, a 24-year-old ranger vanished from Fairchild mountain. He is not new to the area and he was just on routine patrol. They lost radio contact with him sometime yesterday. I guess they have mounted a search. There has been a lot of speculation--mountain lion, bear, sprained ankle, broken leg, etc. The simple fact is they don't know what happened to him and no one will know until they find him.
He's trained in survival techniques and as they are saying, the weather isn't too bad. It stormed a little yesterday and today, but not bad like it has in the past. He just needs to hang on. They'll find him.
Guess with that I better go. I've got to get back on that article.
I'll write more tomorrow. Til then~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home