Friday, August 05, 2005

Hello there!

Didn't write yesterday. What a day that was. Went out to the Park and watched Rangers. They are still looking for our boy Jeff. He is still out there somewhere. They thought they heard gunfire and saw smoke Wednesday evening. Today, they had in five helicopters. No luck yet. Maybe before it gets dark. This is day 7. Yesterday was miserable for him--cold and rainy. So sad.
Today, I went to the Library Book Sale. Got some great art books. Had some pretty good deals. I wish my girls from home, Kathy, Christi, Rinda, Lou, Sarah, and the Ms. Allison would have been with me. I carried out three humongous boxes for under $40.
I have been gradually and steadily making progress. You know I am always amazed and encouraged when I go to sales, bookstores, etc. There are so many books out there and even the best of authors get sold for 50 cents. You wouldn't believe the number of Nora Roberts book, LaVeryle Spencer, Kathleen Woodiwiss that were for sale. Maybe publishers have glutted the market. Maybe people don't consider some books keepers. Oh well, more for me. :-)
I've got to work on my historical tonight. It is coming along. By the time I get back to Oklahoma, I should be ready to send out the proposal and see if I get any hits on it.
Well, that's all for tonight. I've got a big day tomorrow. Going to the Park's 90th Anniversary Picnic. Will check on Jeff too.
Tit Then~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home