Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Today has been a pleasant one and a difficult one. I've been thinking a lot about how one has to get the mind under control before one can work. That has been my problem for at least ten of the past 20 years. I was feeling pretty good this morning, just knew today was going to be a day I would get a lot done. Then a call came from home. It's not important what the call was about, only that it drove me to the point of distraction. For almost an hour, I could think of nothing but the phone call.
I knew it was one of those moments. Either I come home, clink around all day or get to work with the distraction.
I set to work.
I don't know if I moved forward any, but I feel better for my initiative. I am still on sabatical. I know when I get home, I will be distracted hourly. If I can only figure out a system, one in which, I can continue to work with all the hecticness and luancy going on around me, I will be fine. That is what I have been striving for here--a plan.
I guess time will tell if I found it.
Speaking of found, they have not found our ranger yet. I continue to worry. At night, I lay and look at that mountain and know he's out there somewhere. Last night, it stormed something awful. I know he's wet, cold, miserable. I went out to the park today. They had the helicopters flying over. I pray they find him soon.
That's it for now. I'll write more tomorrow.
Til then~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home