Thursday, February 21, 2008

Life is somewhat back to normal. I started a class last week. It's four weeks long, so that's not bad. The weather is getting warmer. I like that, too. I took baby out this morning, wore him out. He's taking a nap right now. Don't know how long he'll sleep, but we'll see. He was soo tired he didn't even want to finish lunch.
Read some disturbing news this past week in 'Time'. In Michael Kinsley's essay on the last page, he writes about two more biographies being exposed as fakes. I'm surprised that these people just didn't mark them as fiction...especially if like reported all the information is false. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they don't know the difference between a memoir and fiction. With that said, I'm also surprised that the editors at the houses where these books were published didn't catch something was amiss. The book, Misha: A Memoire of the Holocaust, seems hooey to me just by the description. I would like to know where they found publishing houses that don't check facts. Pooh, my publishing houses want to know why the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted. Sometimes I feel like they're going to make me prove it's really me who turned in my manuscripts. Whew!
I am stunned that people still get away with 'fudging the truth' in published books. It boggles the mind. I guess it's the old adage, 'don't believe everything you read' or get proof before you believe it.
Until Next Time
Keep Writing~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home