Sunday, August 19, 2007

First, let me tell you we are safe here. Have friends who are struggling with the recent 'hurricane' that passed through the state, but we will help them get back on their feet. Last night was weird to say the least. We went over to my sister-in-law's house to play cards, but the electricity kept going out so we had to call it an early night. When we left, we kept seeing big blue flashes of light where the wind whipped the trees in to the power lines. We got home and yes it was raining, but we've gotten somewhat used to rain here in the state of Oklahoma.
Anyway, woke up this morning and it seems the storm turned in to a 'hurricane'. This is not my word, but what the National Weather Service is calling it. The storm formed a perfect 'eye' and acted like a hurricane. Who am I to nay-say the NWS?
But alas, the 'hurricane', as strange as that was to the state, is not why I write here.
I have a few links I want everybody to visit. They will cost you nothing, but may be worth everything to you. The first is http://wonderofitall.com/ and the second, http://greatday.com/motivate/index.html.
As I told you in an earlier blog, I read a book that has totally trasformed my life. I admit I have always been a weird duck, but I truly believe in the power of a person's subconscious, the words he speaks, the things he thinks on, and his success.
We must all believe it if we are to reach our goals.
Many years ago, I was pooh-poohed in my family for talking about the power of the subconscious (yes it was long before I read this book). My grandmother as usual was right there to support me. "God wouldn't have given you a brain if he didn't intend for you to use it," she said. I believe that with every fiber of my being. Our thoughts become things.
Come om people. Get on the stick. We've got to make our dreams come true. We've got to get those stories written and those books published. We've got to show the rest of the world that it can be done!!!!!!!!!!!
Enough for today. I am tired, but there is an excitement bubbling within me. There has been for some time. I don't know what it is, what's going to happen, but I'm willing to 'trust' that feeling and nobody, I mean NOBODY, is going to bring me down.
Til Next Time~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home