Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wow! I knew it had been a few days since I posted, but I didn't realize it had been over a week. Good grief! Where does the time go?
The biggest reason I've not written is I've been doing research and reading until I'm almost blind. I stir supper with one hand while holding a book with the other. I have a couple interview articles to write and I'm reading the authors' books. After my vision becoming blurry about 2: 00 AM a few morning's ago, I decided there would be no way I could read ALL the books these authors have written, so I'm opting for the ones that look interesting to me. That's 9 for one author and gulp, 9 for the other. I have to have the books read by September 10, when I have to have questions ready, etc.
Ah well, such is the life.
I've also been reading some self-improvement books. There has been quite a bit of discussion about The Secret on several of the loops I'm on. I have found a book that is so much more powerful than TS. It is titled "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind". First published in 1963, it has been reprinted and reprinted. I picked my book up at Barnes and Noble. You can read it for free by visiting this website-- http://www.livethepower.com/home.html.
I have read both books and I must tell you, "TPOYSM" is better than "The Secret". When I finished reading THE SECRET, I still wasn't sure what the 'secret' was. I thought it was 'thoughts are things', but wasn't sure. In 'The Power...." you know what the secret is and Joseph Murphy gives the reader tools he can use right away.
In several of the chapters, he shares how writers can use their subconscious to find answers to writing problems. I am going to start recommending this book to all my writing friends and students. It is definitely a "must" read.
Back to reading...and writing.
Til Next Time~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home