Sunday, January 21, 2007

Looking for discipline...In the past I have had no trouble getting to my computer and whacking out words. For the past year however, it has been torture getting to my keyboard. Once there, I typically settle down and get to work, but until I get there.... I can think of every excuse, shuffle my feet, even CLEAN. Now how sick is that? I want to write. Feel my best when I'm writing and feel like I'm worth something. Why do I have such an aversion? Human nature. At least that's what my girlfriend says. I think it's something else.
When I think about going in to work, I tense up because I know when I get started I will get nothing else done. Time slips away from me when I'am working. I can start at 10 A.M. and 4
P.M. will be upon me before I know it. I love getting lost in the work, but know the consequences if I do so.
If it was just me I think, I could do whatever I want, but I have a husband and family. There are clothes to wash, dishes to do, suppers to cook. So, what do I do? Those things will always be there.
I have to discipine myself to set my timer, go in and go to work. I will admit that in November when I was doing the Nano Novel Month, I set my alarm and amazingly wrote a lot of words--over 50,000 to be honest. I can do it again.
So can you? So get your timers ready. Set them for 55 minutes and let's get to work.
Til Tomorrow~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home