Monday, January 15, 2007

The ice storm is over. We had electricity throughout, but we wondered if we would keep it. With all the thunder sleet and ice falling from the sky I left my 'puter turned off just in case. I did a lot of reading over the weekend. I believe I mentioned in an earlier blog how much I love Jane Austen. I've read her books, books written about her, books containing her characters, etc. I just finished 'Sandition' las night. That would have been a great book if she had lived to finish it. It was the last piece she was working on. I think she died a couple weeks, maybe a couple days later, after she put down her pen on that one. It is incomplete. One can tell it is and with it being unfinished leaves one to wonder which direction Jane would have taken her characters. One also has to wonder about the town of Sandition, too. What kind of town it would have turned out in her thoughts and under her hand.
It is so sad that she died at 41, such a young age. I often wonder what kind of books would she have written if she had lived to 50. We were robbed of a great author.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home