Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The freeze continues. I am beginning to think we shall never see our sidewalks or the sun again. It's cloudy here again today and has been spitting snow. What is the deal with central Oklahoma? Well, I guess all of Okahoma..and I know I shouldn't crow too loudly. It could be worse. We could have NO electricity. At least our power is still on.
This kind of weather is great for a writer though. Snowed in..or in our case, iced in..which we hear is to change to snow over the weekend..we can get to our computers, have an excuse not to go anywhere, and write. In between the phone calls I've been making, that's what I've been doing--writing.
I've turned to topics of spring. I figure not only will editors love the pieces because of their lead time, but perhaps it will put me in a better mood. Of course when spring comes, here in Oklahoma we have to worry about tornadoes. All these distractions. It can be quite maddening, but somehow we writers survive and get through it.
In the meantime, I think I'll write about tornado preparedness. It will take my mind off the four inches of ice outside.
Til Tomorrow~

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

While I can (and do) agree that this kind of weather is good for writing, it gets rather difficult to do it by the light of one lamp on a generator shared by 4 or 5 people. I expect my productivity to increase substantially this coming week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home