Thursday, January 04, 2007

I'd like to continue the theme of guilt, but today offer a few suggestions on how to overcome it. One suggestion is to forgive yourself. Tell yourself that whatever you did, whatever happened, you learned from your mistake and you're moving on, never to repeat the offense again. You can't go back and undo the past. Tomorrow is gone. The day you didn't write yesterday can't be regained. There will never be another January 3, 2007. But this is a January 5, 2007. Make a committment to write tomorrow. Period.
Another suggestion is to decide whether your guilt is self-imposed or outside imposed. My not writing about some of my childhood experiences are not because I don't want to. It's because I'm afraid of how other people will react to what I've written. And this guilt is there even though I've not written word one yet.
I've decided to write down some of those experiences. Started with an outline yesterday.
Casting off that guilt, I'm moving forward. What about you?
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home