Sunday, July 23, 2006

I'm on a roll my dears. Another three pages today. Now I'm not arrogant enough to believe they are perfect pages, but they are something and one must have words down before one can edit. I'm trying to get over this perfectionist problem I have. I was raised by the slogan, 'if you can't do it right the first time'. To me it has become a curse.
Over the years, I have heard artists of all disciplines talk about how they have to make mistakes to end up with truly great works of art. I wish I could relax and make those mistakes, but I always feel, when I do, that I'm wasting materials, my time, or resources. It's frustrating and it's a battle I deal with constantly.
When I was teaching, I would tell my students, make mistakes, start over. Believe me, it's easier said than done.
So I've made my mistakes today. Tomorrow is another day.
Til Then~

3 Comments:

At 10:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 12:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home