Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hellooooo!!! Was going to write yesterday, but was so tired by the time I got in, my brain was mush. Don't know that I'm any better today. Woke up at three. Had so much on my mind couldn't sleep. My office was blocked off too, so I couldn't come in here. Then to make matters worse, I couldn't find any paper to write on. Not a single scrap through the entire rest of the house. Argh!
Been giving some thought about success and what makes a person successful; then too about what we want in life, not particularly our goals, but just things we want. I feel selfish when I think of all the things I want and think make me successful, especially when I hear mothers who think a successful day is feeding her children. Some people see small things, others large. I can't complain about the success I've had in my lifetime. Sure there have been lows, but I have to say outside of hitting the Bestseller's List, I think I've been fairly successful.
I have started a success circle group. I order some rings to give to ten of my buds. Yesterday, I gave one to a dear friend who dreams of moving to Taos. She is in her late 60's and has had this dream for at least 25 years. She is a talented weaver and says the landscape with its colors and shapes give her inspiration. When I gave her the ring, I wrote on the envelope "for New Mexico". When she opened it, tears came to her eyes. She hugged me and said, "thank you for the encouragement. Some days I don't think I'll ever get there."
I recognized the despair because I have despaired for things I want as well. It's at times like this I wish I had a lot of money to give her so she could just go. All I can give her are my well wishes and keep sending positive thoughts her way. Someday, someway, I hope she gets there.
Think today about who you would help fulfill their dreams. I've thought a lot about it.
I'd like to help you...if your dreams are to be published...maybe I can.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home