Sunday, February 19, 2006

Another weekend of Olympics. Yes! Last night, we watched Apolo skate. He won a bronze. We also saw the guys jump off the "big hill".
I love the Olympics because of the stories of the athletes. There are so many inspirational moments. I can't remember exactly whom, but there were those with injuries who still showed up to compete. We saw Bode too yesterday. It was sad that he didn't complete his run, buuuuuttt it was inspiring to see him hold on to his balance, not crash, and live to come back in another race. Then there's also Dan Jansen. He's not skating this year, but he has the legacy of falling over and over again, and getting back up.
That is sort of a theme in my life. I am always inspired when I see others who may have faced greater odds than I have and come back time and time again. It's a lesson for us all.
I read a story this morning about Winston Churchill. He was asked to give an inspirational speech to a group of graduates. (I think it was graduates.) He carried his speech to the podium after being introduced and everyone waited in anticipation, he said, "Never, never, never give up." That was it.
That's what I want to tell you today. Keep plugging along. Get back up when you get knocked down. And never give up.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home