Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Okay, today I am eating my words. I typically have a problem with others besides the US winning, however last night, after the pairs skating, the awards were as they should have been. I was rooting for the Russians and Chinese. Good grief! The stuff they have been through. I remember seeing that routine where the Russian guy dropped his partner. I tell you, she's got more plunk than I have. I would have probably given up. Then there was the Chinese guy who tore his ACL, had that surgery and was back on the ice, what six months after surgery? I admit it, I'm a woos. I'd still be hobbling, probably complaining about my skate rubbing the back of my leg. Then what about that last pair that skated. I'm afraid they would have had to come scrape me off the ice with the zamboni thing. I don't think I would have gotten up. I'm absolutely positivo I wouldn't have gone back out there and finished the darn routine. Nope, I would have given up. And then look, they won the silver, skated a perfect remaining thing.
I'm taking a lesson from all of them. (Getting teary-eyed.) When you fall, get up, start over, or continue. No matter how painful, how embarrassing, how broken-hearted you are, try again.
Congrats to all three pair. I am so proud of them and proud to be part of the "human" race.
Til Tomorrow~

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM , Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Happy Valentines Day..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home