Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Olympics are on even as I type this. The Nordic Combined is on. We watched the opening ceremony last night. It was beautiful. I continue to be amazed at how beautiful Sophia Loren looks, even at 70. We were thrilled to see our athletes, but somewhat disconcerted to hear China and Russia teaming up to train so they could beat us. What's that about? Hello! Another thing that made me twitch was how many people have gone to school, teach, live here in the United States, but are competing for other countries. Another hellllllo! I find a lot of things maddening, but not wanting to make this blog political will stop here.
It has turned cold here. I had to run to town earlier and to say the wind bit would be an understatement. It's downright cold and the wind....makes it painful.
Must go, check out the athletes. There was one country that only had one athlete. I think it was Madagascar. (?) I believe this was the first time this country had any in the Olympics. I so want them to win. Going to have to check that out.
Catch you tomorrow.
Til Then~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home