Sunday, November 13, 2005

What would you like to do that would make you happy? For me, the answer is simple-write. Writing is more than a business, to me it's a way of life. I find if I don't write I become depressed and have a hard time being happy with anything. I love everything about the words, the process, the tools, and the business. When I go to the office supply store, my palms get sweaty as I walk the pen and paper aisle. At the bookstore, I get a headache trying to decide which book(s) to buy because my pocket book dictates I limit my purchases. In all the years I have shopped for books, only once have I gone and not found a book to buy. The library is my second home. I could live among the shelves.
I love the smell of the inside of a newly published book. I love the way a pen or pencil feels in my hand. I love reading the dictionary to discover new words.
I was asked once if I'd ever quit writing. I've had friends who have actually retired from writing. I don't understand that. I can't quit. I have tried. I will be writing up until the day I die and have envisioned myself being a 'scribe' in heaven with my own drafter's type desk, rolls of scrolls, and quill pen. As long as I am able, I will write. Writing is like breathing to me. I could no more stop writing than I could stop breathing. I'll write more tomorrow.
Til Then~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home