Monday, November 14, 2005

What does it take to 'create' something new? I'm learning just a bit of creativity. I have lived my life categorizing things. This is useful, that isn't. We hear people say 'one man's trash is another man's treasure'. This fact continues to come home to me, but came in a big way over the weekend.
My daughter and I went shopping. She's an artsy type, makes jewelry, and is in to pottery. Since I discovered the various art and scrapbooking magazines, when we go to the bookstore, I always find one or two I am publications I have to have. This weekend I found four, but one blew me away.
As I was flipping through the pages, my attention was caught by necklaces made by what looked like old credit cards. I frantically looked through the list of supplies and sure enough, old credit cards are what the artists used.
A few pages over, one artist had used discarded AOL CD's to make an altered book.
I griped myself out all the way to my office. Do you know how many AOL CD's I've thrown away over the years? I can't even begin to count the sample and old credit cards I've thrown away. I instructed my family to save everything that came in from now on.
Of course, I realize as a condition of Murphy's Law, now that I am looking for AOL CD's and credit cards, I will receive none of those ever again.
Ah, the price of art discovery.
Til Tomorrow~

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM , Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Darn those creative people. Always ruining our lives with their crafty ways, tee,hee..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home