Monday, November 28, 2005

If I were to title this blog, I'd call it the Need of a Writer. Over the holidays, I thought a lot about what a writer needs. I found it somewhat humorous that in Eric Maisel's latest newsletter, he was discussing the same thing-time and quiet time.
As I've grown as a writer, it seems the one thing I need more than anything else is time. I have all the latest gadgets, a webpage, a computer, printer, copier, fax, etc. The one thing I'm missing and need more than anything is time.
Any writer knows when he sits down at the keyboard, he may think he has only spent a short amount of time working when in fact an entire afternoon has flown by. It always amazes me when I sit down to work for only five minutes and look up and it's two hours later. Where does the time go?
Yes, I do have interruptions, other things pulling at my time, which is a distraction in itself. Sometimes, I think of time as a huge troll I wrestle daily. It wanting to throw me off the bridge and me trying to stay on track.
I don't know that I'll ever have enough time to do all I want to do, so I'll keep fighting that troll and maybe one day....
Til Tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM , Blogger Jasika said...

I'm not a writer..but hey... I can dream right?!

but I know exactly what you mean about the time..I'm sure my bosses love it!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home