Monday, November 21, 2005

This is an early morning blog for me. I thought with this being a holiday week, I better get on the ball if I am to stay on schedule.
I talked to my friend and critique partner over the weekend. She told me I wasn't as bad a person as I thought I was. To snap out of it and move on. I am.
The thing the whole incident taught me was how I need to always keep on my toes and how completely destroying my career is only three minutes and 250 words away. I've always known I was human, incredibly imperfect, but sometimes being reminded of that can make one humble. The new business I am starting is one area where humility will be a plus. I will be dealing with people who want to get published. They have hopes, dreams, and aspirations, much like I had when I started. Everybody should be allowed to dream and have the tools available to them to follow that dream.
I will not lie to people. It takes work to be published. Writing is hard work and draining, but if it something a person works, I will be supportive and make the tools available for them to reach their goals.
Good news! The website is coming along. Won't be long until I'll be ready to go public. I'm scared. I keep thinking, what if this doesn't work? What if I am a failure? What if I can't pull this off? I've just got to keep praying that God will send me in the right direction and I'll jig when He wants me to and jog when He wants me to. That's all I'm going on.
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home