Friday, November 18, 2005

Humorous how I just wrote about being human and that very night went and did something so incredibly human I'm ashamed of myself.
I have always prided myself in being very professional. Well, at the class I taught Wednesday night, I shared a little more personal stuff than I should have. I knew when I crossed the line, but by then it was too late to go back and change things. I felt bad enough, but then I had one of my students point it out.
Since Wednesday, I have reeled that evening over and over in my head. I have made a promise to myself NEVER to do that again. People pay for information, not to hear confessions from my childhood. I think about another week of beating myself up should do the trick. That way I'll remember to keep things professsional.
I guess if there's anoything good outof this mess is I learned a lesson. Don't cross the line. Don't ever get comfortable enough with an audience that you lose focus, don't go teach or speak when you are exhausted, and never show the public your vulnerable side.
I think that's my biggest problem. I always like for people to see that I'm strong, that things are okay, and moving along for me. To show signs of weakness can be a death knoll. Well, that's what happened Wednesday Night. I exposed my vulnerability and I didn't like it. The good thing is that there were only 3 people, but still.... I learned my lesson and I learn lessons well.
I will recover. It's just rough right now.
Til Later~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home