Sunday, August 21, 2005

Today is an unusual day. I've been trying to come up with a plot for a new book. I want to write one set up here about the turn of the century. I have the characters. I'm working on the complications and how the plot must run through it. I have to come up with a one line tag otherwise my characters will be too confused. Hmm. I need to spend some time just thinking about this and all the complications they can get in to. Well, I'll get to that.
I went for a walk this morning around the lake. These ladies were along the way picking something off one of the bushes. I stopped to ask them what they were and they told me the plant was a chokecherry bush. The limbs are loaded this year. The ladies also told me they make jelly and syrup out of the berries. They have seeds in them just like big cherries, but these little guys will make you pucker. It's kind of a bitter pucker. I know because I tasted one. The ladies also told me bears and birds love these berries. They hung in clusters, deep red, some were even black. The darker red they are, the more ripe. As I continued on my walk, I discovered these bushes can range from three feet to over eight feet high. Ah, the stuff you can learn. On to my thinking session. Will write more tomorrow.
Til Then~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home