Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hello All! Jeepers Creepers!!! Two months! Yikes! I continue to plod along on the Insider's Guide book. It has been to say at the least an eye-opening experience. I have been trying to contact businesses in the Oklahoma City area to get information to include them in this book, but alas, many have hung up on me, told me they weren't interested, or were down right rude. I am not charging them, nor will they be charged in the future for inclusion in this book. All they have to do is answer a few questions.
While doing all this, I did get the trucker's book finished. It is to be released tomorrow, as a matter of fact. The next time, I write I will add the URL. I need to add the URL to my webpage as well, but first I need to finish the OKC book.
Currently, it looks like it could be finished by the end of June. My editor is probably ready to kill me although when we talk on the phone, she always sounds nice and calm. I am ready to put my head or fist through the wall or commit some other act of violence to myself. I can't sleep at night. I wake up in a cold sweat, feel like I'm drowning when I have days like today.
Today, I had big plans, was going to get a lot of holes filled in these chapters, but decided to call places to work on the other chapters before I worked on my words. Well, here it is, nearing 5 and all I've done is phone work. AND I got to my desk at 8:30 AM. Something is wrong with this entire picture. Yesterday I got to my desk at FIVE AM. Still nothing accomplished.
I have learned some interesting information about people and their businesses, none of which I can really use, but interesting none the less. And then there are the businesses I have called, emailed, called again, and again, and still haven't heard from them, so I will have to CALL AGAIN if I in fact want them in the book.
This is truly making me NUTS. I DO NOT MISS DEADLINES and not only is this deadline not going to be hit, I don't know how to schedule it. IF and that is a BIG IF, IF the places I have been calling would get back to me, respond to my emails, or my snail mail letters, I could move along. What's slwoing me down is I have to call, and call, and call. On the third call, I typically ask if I can just go to their website and would they send me an email to that affect. Never receive the email. Argh!
So I continue to struggle. One of the reasons I haven't been writing here is by the time the end of the day comes, I'm exhausted--if I have any time at the end of the day. I have been giving every second of my life to this book, sooo.... Don't be surprised if you don't hear from me again here until the end of June. I will definitely write and let you know when I finish it. There shall be shouts of joy from all quarters of the house.
Til Then~
Keep Writing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home