Friday, March 09, 2007

Last night was my second class in a series of three. We covered a lot of stuff, mainly talking about vanity presses, self-publishing, and traditional publishing. I still think traditional is the way to go, however if worse comes to worse, people now have the option of self-publishing. I've heard too many horror stories about vanity/subsidary publishers. All I know is you still have to pay them to print your work and if you're going to do that, you might as well self-publish. You're going to have to do all the promotion for yourself so if you believe in your project, you might as well invest in it.
Next week, we're going to talk about rights and various other topics. If you are interested in self publishing, here are a few websites you might want to check out:
www.booksjustbooks.com
www.selfpublishing.com
www.booklocker.com
www.bowker.com
www.copyright.gov
Til Tomorrow Happy Writing~

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i'd like information on your mentorship program and fee. please drop me an email at emmanuelyfcm@hotmail.com... thanks, josh

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Terry Hubbard said...

I am taking a class that Deborah is teaching called "Getting Your Work Published" and I have learned a ton of stuff the first 2 classes...she has a lot of knowledge AND energy...plus she is really funny..I encourage everyone to take her class the next time it is available in your area. She is also an avid knitter ;~)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home