Thursday, February 22, 2007

People, people who need people.... As a writer, many a times I have said I would be content to be stranded on a desert island, ALONE. I am a strange creature, a recluse really...or at least I could be. I enjoy being by myself. Believe you me, there are plenty of other people who join me--namely my characters. For me, it boils down to thinking and quiet time, something I've not had enough of through the years.
So, imagine my surprise the other day when I got one of my writer's magazines and one of the articles inside was titled, "Why Writers Need People". My first response was "NOT 'I'" It started to bug me because I started thinking about it. So adamant had I been in my alone time, fate started shoving people in my face--my parents, children, cousins, sisters, in-laws, friends. Surprisingly, I was having an interesting if not good time with all these 'people'. And when I headed back to my keyboard I had a new perspective about one of my characters and several new article ideas to write about. If nothing else, all these 'people' give me things to think about.
With that said, currently I'm sitting in my office, ALONE, looking forward to a very busy weekend filled with 'people'.
What about you?
Til Next Time~

P.S. Tomorrow, I am going out of town--early in the morning. Won't have a chance to write til I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home