Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Several years ago, I heard someone say, "God never gives you a dream without giving you the ability to make that dream come true." I forgot about that saying until last night when I was reading "Finding Water". Cameron was talking about how sometimes the publishing world can be overwhelming and discouraging. She talks about how one night she went to dinner and all these people were throwing famous authors' names around as well as their famous editors' names. She sat there and thought (to paraphrase) who do I think I'm kidding? I'm not in the same league as them. As I read what she had written, I thought, good gawd, if she feels that way, then what chance do I have? Then she came to her point. God levels the playing field for all of us. If he has truly called us to write, then he will guide our paths. Many times, it's not that God overestimates us, it's that we underestimate God.
Do you underestimate God?
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home