Monday, January 29, 2007

I have been thinking lately about how spirituality and writing intersect. I'm not talking religion, but spirituality, which I believe are as different as daylight and dark. As I've written in one of my earlier blogs, I've been reading Julia Cameron's new book, FINDING WATER. In it, she talks about 'showing up and letting God take care of the rest'. I believe that is where we have to come to with our writing and have the faith, which she also talks about, to keep on, keeping on. Writing is a fickle and tormenting job. I admit there are days when I can think of thousands of things to do rather than come in and sit down at my keyboard. Yet, I know that to sell an article, book, poem, or script, one has to write it first. "Nothing" doesn't sell well.
So today, I am showing up. I'll trust God to do the rest. Will you?
Til Tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home